Wednesday, May 27, 2015

How I Edit My Instagram Pictures+Keeping Up A Theme

I've had this requested a lot on my Instagram and if your not following me already its @libertybourke (lets be honest this post is a total self promo for Instagram). I am way too obsessed with Instagram and feel like I've said Instagram way to many times already, but it seems to be a trend to have a good 'theme' or 'feed'. My feed reflects who I am and has pictures of everything I see, and usually everything I eat...To me a feed or theme is a collection of photos that compliment each other. Its like having a family of photos that all work together, but are individually different. I feel like I'm turning Instagram into something really deep and complicated.
 

First of all you have to take a high quality photo, which is all to do with the lighting, I take all my photos on my iPhone and use the brightness tools (you can do this by focusing the camera and scrolling up or down).
Next its all about picking a good filter and using the right editing features, some of my favourite apps to use are:
-Afterlight (£0.69)
-VSCOcam (FREE, but have to download filters(some filters are FREE too))
-Facetune (£2.99)
-Rookie(FREE)

I always use VSCOcam, especially because your photos are saved to a grid so you can see what your Instagram will look like before you've posted it. Once I've chosen a photo I'll choose the HB2 filter (which you have to download) and I'll change the intensity to around 7 or 8, the darker the picture the lower the intensity. Then I will fade the picture to +6. Depending on the photo I'll change the brightness and saturation, but I don't use these features all the time.




 

Factune-Good for changing the colour(tones) of things in photos, can smooth skin and can defocus and blur photos to a good standard.
Afterlight-Like VSCOcam with a range of filters, my favourite is russ.
Rookie-Range of filters, light leaks and textures for free, my favourite filters are mild, yuki and dusk.

I hope you liked this post I know its a bit different, comment your Instagram below if you want me to check it out and follow. Some of my favourite feeds are: @madisenrosebeauty1 @thatsojack @drumaq @lovelaurenelizabeth @arose1860 @suedebrooks @jennxpenn @claudiesulewski @inkawilliams and of course the one and only @conniexblackman!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rosettie
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig