Thursday, January 26, 2017

Things I Like atm

I guess I could call this my February favourites, but I don't usually like to limit myself to the months as I'm not a very consistent person.  However, after admitting to myself that my velvet teddy lipstick is gone I decided to purchase Whirl by MAC, and have come to the conclusion that this will be my last MAC purchase, because it should be bunnies before money. Despite this all products sold in the EU (we still technically are in the EU) don't test any products on animals. Only China tests its products on animals to meet its ridiculous regulations. Anyways for those who are curious I LOVE the colour of this lipstick, its a brown toned matte formula similar to velvet teddy-just darker. The only complaint I have is that it can be very drying, but to combat this issue I make sure to moisturise my lips beforehand. This usually gives me a satin finish, but I actually quite like this about it.
My next product is a primer that I picked up whilst in New York, and that's the Laura Mercia blemish-less primer. The reasons I like this product is that it controls oil and has a texture like a moisturiser. It slightly reduces the size of pores but I wouldn't say that this is that noticeable. But my favourite thing about this is how it feels on my skin, it increases the durability of my makeup also. It isn't on the cheap side of things but you get a good amount of product (50ml). Another advantage is that it contains a small amount of benzoyl peroxide which combats acne and is perfect for acne prone skin.
Next is the much raved about Champagne Pop becca x Jacyln Hill collaboration highlighter which is too die for!!! It has a pink undertone which I love and prefer to gold highlighters and is super pigmented. This highlighter is practically glitter in a pan so if your not into super bold glowy skin this isn't a product for you. Saying this if I want a more natural look, after applying this I go over it with my damp beauty blender to blend it into my skin to make my skin look dewy and fresh.
This is the best facemask I've ever used and its the Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask. It clears out your pores so well and although is a little pricey-a little goes a long way. With continued use I have noticed that breakouts are prevented and as soon as I've used this product my skin instantly looks better, brighter and is refreshed. I apply this to my whole face and leave it on for around 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water. Its very important to moisturise afterwards because otherwise this can dry out your skin.
So other random favourites I have gathered is bullet journaling where I display random doodles and magazine cut-outs. I find this a way to stay off my phone when revising and turning to this to distress instead of Netflix(pictured as backgrounds). However, speaking of Netflix my favourite series at the moment is Beyond-a story about a boy who wakes up from a 12 year coma to be hunted for his control over the elements, a power which he's woken up with. I think its very similar to stranger things and would defiantly recommend it. My favourite book of this month has been Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon. Its a story of a girl who falls in love with the dreamy Dante Berlin after she finds her parents dead and is sent to the morbid Gottrfried Academy under her grandfather's guidance. This is the place she discovers a shocking new meaning to life, death, love and the soul. And finally, my favourite album at the moment is the new Kelhani album-my favourites are undercover, too much and in my feelings.
Thanks for reading!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rosettie
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig